Before we used OctoberCMS, we didn't have a CMS (Content Management System). To update our site we would do the changes locally, deploy on the staging site, then we'd push it to the live site.
While this workflow is fine, we made the decision a while ago that this was not sustainable for our business and for our clients.
We love Laravel - we have been using it for years here at Ibexcore. OctoberCMS was the obvious choice as it is built in Laravel, it's stable and has a large ecosystem. It's not a large, cumbersome CMS like other solutions out there. It's easy to use for us and our clients. There are several features that we'll be taking full advantage of:
- Simple modern template engine - Twig
- The number of extra components that are readily available
- How easy it is to add your own custom components
- Easy administration interface
- Powerful image upload and management
- The translation layer
We've already been rolling out OctoberCMS to our clients and they love it! If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.